20 April 2010
Terms and Conditions - Win a Trip for 2 to Barcelona
1. Instructions on how to enter, prize details and other information contained within the promotional advertisements form part of these terms and conditions. By participating, in this promotion entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
2. Only entries on original coupons published within The West Australian and mailed into: Win a trip to Barcelona, The West Australian, GPO Box 2921, Perth WA 6800, by close of business Wednesday, 05 May are eligible. Photocopies and facsimiles are not valid.
3. A ‘valid' coupon must be in legible handwriting and must contain the correct codeword which can be obtained from watching the Hot Seat on channel 9 or WIN television at 5:30pm each weeknight. Coupons will be appearing in The West Australian each weekday from Monday, 19 April through to Friday, 23 April and there will be ten (10) separate codewords over the two (2) week period.
4. The major prize winner will be drawn at 10:00am on Thursday, 06 May 2010.
5. The first valid coupon drawn will be deemed the major prize winner and will receive the following prize. Total Prize Package is valued at $10,000 RRP.
- Two (2) return flights to Barcelona flying Singapore Airlines valued.
- Six (6) night's accommodation at the Hilton Barcelona for two (2) people.
- One (1) night accommodation at the Parmelia Hilton Perth for two (2) people on Friday 21 May 2010
- Two (2) A-Reserve seating tickets to West Australian Ballet's performance of Don Quixote at His Majesty's Theatre on Friday 21 May 2010
6. The following conditions apply to the air travel component of this prize :
- Departure may be undertaken between 7 May 2010 and 31 March 2011, excluding the period 1 December 2010 - 15 January 2011;
- The tickets must be issued prior to 31 March 2011;
- Tickets are valid for a stay away of no more than 3 months;
- Both tickets must be for travel on the same dates;
- Government taxes are not included in the fare and must be paid in addition;
- The tickets are not transferable, nor redeemable for cash;
- The tickets are not eligible for frequent flyer points;
- The ticket validity cannot be extended and any travel not utilised by 31 March 2011 will be deemed null and void.
7. Accommodation (other than specified), gratuities, meals or tips, transfer fees (other than specified), excess baggage, government taxes, airport charges/taxes and any other personal expenses including but not limited to child minding and travel insurances not specified in the prize package must be paid for by the winner.
8. The major prize winner and the travelling companion are responsible for obtaining all necessary travel documents (eg passport, visa) and complying with all health or other government regulations. Information is available at www.dfat.gov.au.
9. There will be ten (10) runner up prizes of two (2) general admission tickets each to the performance of Don Quixote at His Majesty's Theatre on Tuesday 11 or Tuesday 18 May 2010. The runner up prizes will be drawn on Thursday, 06 May 2010 after the major prize draw and excludes the major prize winner.
10. All additional costs incurred will be at the expense of the winner.
11. The winner will be notified by telephone after the prize draw. In the instance that the winner cannot be contacted on the phone number provided within five (5) working days, the prize will be forfeited and a new winner will be drawn.
12. It will be the winner's responsibility to redeem the prize from the promoter. The major prize will be awarded to a parent or guardian if the winner is under the age of 18 years.
13. The prizes (or any part thereof) are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken for cash. No responsibility is accepted for any variation in the value of the prize.
14. If the winner is a country resident it will be their responsibility to make their own way to Perth city to claim/redeem their prize.
15. It is a condition of entry that all prize winners agree to have their name and suburb published for publicity purposes if required. By participating in this competition, participants signify their acceptance of all conditions and the requirement to participate in promotional activity if required.
16. Completed coupons/entries which have ticked the box titled "Please tick this box if you would like to receive further information from West Australian Ballet" will have their information collected for the purpose of market research and agree to be contacted and receive marketing materials from West Australian Ballet. All coupons/entries whereby the tick box is not ticked will be destroyed. By ticking the box entrants agree to give West Australian Ballet permission to keep their personal details on record for the use of a database and for market research.
If you do not wish to receive marketing materials from West Australian Ballet after ticking the box please contact Customer Service in writing atWest Australian Ballet, PO Box 7228, Cloisters Square Perth WA 6850 or by phone on (08) 9214 0707.
All personal details kept will be used only for the purpose of West Australian Ballet to distribute marketing materials. Your details will not be given to a third party or used in any other way without your express permission. West Australian Ballet will take all reasonable steps to ensure the security of your personal information.
To access personal information kept on you by West Australian Ballet, please contact Customer Services in writing at West Australian Ballet, PO Box 7228 Cloisters Square Perth WA 6850, or by phone on (08) 9214 0707. Please note that information will only be provided to the person detailed and current photographic identification may be required prior to the release of any personal information.
17. All contestants release from, and indemnify WIN Corporation, West Australian Newspapers Pty Ltd and West Australian Ballet against, all liability, cost, loss or expense arising out of acceptance of any prize(s) or participation in the competition including (but not limited to) loss of income, personal injury and damage to property and whether direct or consequential, foreseeable, due to some negligent act or omission or otherwise.
18. Employees and their immediate families and agencies of WIN Corporation, West Australian Newspapers Pty Ltd and West Australian Ballet, together with all associated sponsors and participating companies, are ineligible to enter.
19. Entry into this competition signifies acceptance of all conditions. The Promoters' decision will be final and cannot be contested. No correspondence will be entered into. The Promoters reserve the right to limit entry or amend rules if considered necessary without notice.